A daily reminder to take notice of the positive things we tend to overlook
1. Anything written by Beethoven, soaring, monumental, music of the angels, especially Symphony No. 9, written by a completely deaf man
2. Christmas socks. I love socks with snowmen, reindeer, santas, Christmas lights. All colors. Short and long. I wear them all winter under my boots.
3. Caitlin’s white bear from when she was in the hospital. Wears Caitlin’s pink booties. Plays “When You Wish Upon A Star.” I bought for her in a toy store near the hospital. Toy store is gone now. Bear is still here.
4. Still having a roof over our head. We are so far behind in our mortgage, I am very grateful that we still have the house.
5. “Flaming June” by Lord Frederic Leighton speaks to me. I see myself in it I go back to it again and again and again.