I am just putting up a short post for now. I went to Floridana Alaskiana today and found a wonderful post by Janson Jones on the current situation in Iran. For now, I am giving you the links that he included in his post. In the meantime, I am working on a more detailed post that I hope to have up tomorrow.
For more information in the meantime, please visit the links that Janson has provided:
- The Daily Dish. For one useful stream of information (pooling from many, many sources), please read Andrew Sullivan’s blog.
- The Lede. This blog over at the New York Times has also been working hard on relaying information.
- Boston.com Gallery. For a series of striking and moving images, such as the ones posted here, check out this gallery on Boston.com.
- “This Just In: Twitter Destroys CNN”. An excellent post on the competing values of mainstream news sources and alternative data streams such as Twitter and Facebook.
- “The ‘Bomb Iran’ Contingent’s Newfound Concern for the Iranian People“. Harsh but important words from Glenn Greenwald over at Salon.com.
More information later. For now, Peace.