“My head is bloody, but unbowed.” ~ William Ernest Henly, from “Invictus“
Friday afternoon, cloudy and cooler, more storms, 77 degrees.
Well the appointment yesterday went much better than the first. They’re checking into my request for Aimovig, and if for some reason it doesn’t get approved, I’m going to try Botox again. I had really hoped that I’d outgrow my migraines, you know, like you outgrow acne, but not so much. The heat and humidity always does me in, and the other day I just felt like crawling into a cave somewhere and never coming back out.
Anyway, this is day three of this particular episode, and I still have that lingering tightness around my skull. I’m hoping that’s how it stays and that the intense pain doesn’t decide to rear its ugly head again.
Here’s a weird collection for you—born on August 23:
- Keith Moon, drummer for The Who (1946-1978)
- Barbara Eden, American actress, I Dream of Jeannie (1931)
- Park Chan Wook, South Korean film director, Oldboy (1963)
- Henry Lee Lucas, serial killer (1936-2001), who was born in Blacksburg, VA (didn’t know this tidbit)
- River Phoenix, American actor, Stand by Me (1970-1993)
- William Ernest Henly, British Poet, “Invictus” (1849-1903)
Enjoy. More later. Peace.
You have to appreciate advertising with a sense of humor:
Is it weird that I’d buy this?
Speaking of bathing . . . What do you mean you want soap?
I just don’t know what to say . . .
Man, I love Patton Oswalt:
This is just insane:
Yep, I went there:
A forward-thinking little girl:
And finally, there’s this: