Today’s list . . .
1. Jello, orange jello to be more specific. Orange jello with mandarin orange slices to be precise. A very refreshing snack, not too many calories, great in the summer, love those little snack packs.
2. Pretty paper. As with all things related to office supplies, I love decorated papers with pretty borders. I have a file folder full of leftover sheets from the realty company for which I worked. Each month we sent out a company newsletter, and I had to pick out a theme paper for the newsletter. I would go to the paper store and look for different papers. I also had to choose the papers that would be used for different home sites. No borders here, but nice stocks and colors. The people at the paper store recogized me on sight.
3. I have a garnet ring that my friend Rebecca gave me. It was given to her by a former boyfriend, but she really did not like yellow gold, nor was she particularly fond of garnets. I love both, especially since garnets are my birthstone. It is very unusual and Victorian looking. It has an inset heart in the middle, and two outward facing hearts on either side with tiny diamonds set in between. There is a little bit of gold scroll work. I wear the ring on my thumb. It never fails to get compliments. I really love that ring.
4. I have a big, black bear named Robert the Bruce. My mother gave him to me one Christmas about 11 years ago. I named him Robert the Bruce because he is a hulking, round bear, and he reminded me of the character from “Braveheart.”
5. Rocking chairs. I love a comfortable rocking chair and nothing is worse than trying to sit in an uncomfortable rocking chair. I have a Bentwood rocker that is almost 30 years old. I have rocked all of my babies in that chair. It is very comfortable for sitting for long periods of time and for rocking. When Eamonn was a baby and he had stomach problems, I had to rock him to sleep by singing “Unchained Melody” while rocking gently in that chair.
That’s all for now. More later. Peace.